As I look at the two youngest dwarfs neither of whom are quite 8 years old yet, and I compare them to the older dwarfs (i know i really shouldn't compare my children, but there it is anyway), I can't help but notice how obvious it is that we should and must "become as little children." They are so full of love, happiness, sincerity, frankness, virtue, humility, trustfulness. In them there is no deception. They are truly their best selves.
I look at myself, now growing older and hopefully wiser. I think and wonder how it is that I can ever hope to become more like a little child. How do I achieve those same traits that I had as a child? I have acquired a bit of knowledge with my experiences that I hope will aid me in my efforts to become as a little child.
I am afraid that as we age, we separate ourselves more from the pure love of Christ and that we lose sight of Him in whose image we were created. What a sad position that this puts us in as humans.
PC
No comments:
Post a Comment