No that really isn't the exact number of my blessings, and it probably doesn't even come close.
Yesterday, while Stealth and I helping cut firewood with my Dad, i lost my balance for a fraction of a second and ended up with a large cut in my right foreleg. As you can see it takes up about 6-7 inches on the top of my thigh. Now you wonder, how was this a blessing? I could enumerate a number of reasons, but it all comes down to this. I could have cut off my leg.
Immediately after the accident I applied direct pressure to the injure, but I was also upset that my whole day had been ruined and concerned about how fast it would take for me to heal. Dad went to fetch some towels to use as a bandage, and I limped to the side porch. After this was bandaged, up all three of us went to the hospital. Stealth stayed with me while Dad went to get Snow White.
I'm no anatomy or medical expert, and the makeup of the leg is unfamiliar to me. I was hopeful that my leg hadn't been permanently damaged. After examination by the medical experts, it was discovered that most of the damage was to my upper and lower layers of skin and only slight damage to the muscle.
Boy, what a blessing! Although painful and inconvenient it is certainly much better than it could have been. I am constantly being amazed at God's bounteous blessings and constant watch over me and my family. It is wonderful to know that He is ever watchful and constantly aware of me and of all others. I suppose it is because He is perfect that He can be ever mindful of all His creations. Oh the wonder mercy, kindness and love that He shows to us! Please remember that he is ever aware of all that we do and are, as well as all of those things that we could be.
PC
Wow! So glad you're ok!
ReplyDelete