Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Change, One of Few Constants

People change, I know because I am a person, and (thankfully) I am not the same person I was 10 years ago. In fact, I hope I'm not the same person I was a year, or even a month ago.  What am I here for except to change?  Ultimately I hope I am changing for the good and not the other way.

I recently attended a conference that I had signed up for strictly for selfish personal reasons.  When I arrived, I very quickly realized that I need to change my focus and instead of focusing on the reason for which I had enlisted, I changed my focus to a more (I believe) selfless  motive.  Once that happened I believe I enjoyed the conference much more than I would have.

Change happens.

Even dwarfs change.  Yup.. they get bigger. This is one of the things that I wish I could change.  I suppose they would never grow up and produce grandchildren if the didn't change at least a little. Well, I can't very well stop it so I'd better grin and bear it.  Someone has told me on numerous occasions that "these are the best years of your life"  Well,  I believe it!  As much as I don't want the dwarfs to grow up and change.  I'll do my best to enjoy them when I can.

PC

No comments:

Post a Comment